Ocean City Criminal Defense & Civil Litigation Services
Maryland Attorney for State & Federal Cases
The Law Office of Steven W. Rakow, LLC is a law firm based in Ocean City, Maryland, that provides high-quality legal services to clients facing criminal charges and civil litigation matters. As a solo practitioner, I have established my firm as a trusted and respected resource for individuals and businesses facing the stress, confusion, and uncertainty of criminal charges and civil disputes.
To help you better understand your legal matter, learn more about the laws it involves, and explore your legal options, I offer a free 20-minute consultation. You can speak directly with me about your case and find out how I can help.
I bring over two and a half decades of legal industry experience to every criminal investigation, arrest, or charge and to civil litigation issues that can threaten your home, condo, homeowner’s association, career, business, or other matters.
I can put my extensive negotiation and litigation skills to work for you to vigorously defend your rights while pursuing your best interests.
I serve clients in the Maryland counties of Worcester, Wicomico, Salisbury, Dorchester, Caroline, Talbot, and Somerset.
I have defended clients in all criminal cases, from minor traffic violations to misdemeanors and serious felonies, including murders, burglaries, firearms offenses, and white-collar crimes. As a former prosecutor, I understand the criminal process from both sides of the court and can use that inside knowledge to help develop an effective legal strategy.
My criminal defense services include but are not limited to:
- DUI Defense: Defending individuals accused of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Traffic Violations: Representing clients cited for speeding, reckless driving, and other traffic offenses.
- Misdemeanors: Defending individuals charged with misdemeanor offenses, such as disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, trespass, underage alcohol violations, petty theft, and simple assault.
- Felonies: Defending individuals charged with serious felony offenses, such as murder, manslaughter, fraud, robbery, and drug trafficking.
Civil Litigation Services
Civil litigation is a broad area of law encompassing disputes between individuals or entities unrelated to criminal activity.
I have extensive experience in civil litigation matters and provide legal representation in the following practice areas:
- Contracts: Assisting clients with drafting, reviewing, and enforcing contracts.
- Construction Defects: Representing homeowners and contractors in construction defect claims.
- Condo Association Law: Providing legal guidance and representation to condominium associations.
- HOA Law: Assisting homeowners’ associations with legal matters.
- Corporate and Business Practice Matters: Representing businesses in various legal matters, such as formation, governance, and contract disputes.
Why Choose the Law Office of Steven W. Rakow, LLC?
I bring a wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience to clients, including the practice of law in both state and federal courts. My representation is informed by my former Marine career, which is based on a deep sense of discipline and dedication. I have also earned legal industry recognition as an Avvo Client’s Choice Award winner.
In addition to the above, I provide personalized and tailored attention to my clients. Every case is unique and requires a customized approach. I take the time to get to know you and understand your goals and concerns.
My mission is to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case. I will always support you through the legal process as your Worcester County attorney for criminal defense and civil litigation.
Discuss your case with a Worcester County lawyer for criminal defense and civil litigation. Call my firm at (443) 856-6376.
"I was a bit nervous dealing with the courts for the first time but, he was a calming factor through the process and helped settle the nerves. Highly recommend!"Valerie K.
"I have retained Steve twice now and each time he has guided me through the legal process with favorable outcomes."Jordan R.
"Steve is very personable and easy to talk to. He is very knowledgeable and explains everything clearly and prepares you for what to expect."Kelsey M.